Thursday, September 01, 2005


I just don't know what to say. The situation in New Orleans is just unbelievable. New Orleans is not like any city I have ever been to. It's Culture, music and food was unbeatable. I really hope that it can rebuild itself and come back stronger.

My wedding was set to be there next April. Now my fiance and I have to start from scratch. However, thats nothing compared to the thousands who have lost everything. Three days later we are still trying to get ahold of friends to see if they are ok. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the people who are suffering and trying to get out of the city. I feel helpless.... even though I live in Los Angeles I think I will call red cross to see if they have any operations that they need help for in Los Angeles. Maybe they will be shipping meals and clothes out.

In the meantime here a few links to help pass info along to the rest of the world.

DANCING WITH KATRINA - Bloggers Josh Norman & MKeller give updated info on living in the aftermath in Mississippi.

ORGANIZE TO HELP ! - List of groups for relief aid for hurricane victims.

RED CROSS - Donate Blood / Volunteer

Search for a missing Hurricane victim! - Find a loved one

WWL NEWS - Live local News Coverage streaming online.
also regular site www.wwltv.com

FEMA

No comments: